Who does not like pizza? I think there is one pizza for everybodys taste. Hot, cheesy, with mushrooms, veggies or seafod. The options are limitless.
Since I am vegan I prefer vegan versions. That usually implies tofu instead of cheese and different veggies all over the place. I put it all on top and then bake it.
Well here is another pizza tofu recipe, but this one is little more complicated.
This is briefly how it goes:
1. Preheat the oven, put the garlic and rosemary in a small ovenproof dish and olive oil to completely immerse the cloves. Bake for 45 minutes
2. While your garlic is cooking, slice the onions and begin to saute them with a little olive oil. Caramelizing onions can take up to 45 minutes on medium heat.
3. Prepare the tofu by cutting it into 6 slices. Drain the tofu.
4. Crumble the drained tofu into a large bowl. Add 1/3 cup of the garlic oil, plus about 6-8 cloves. Stir together, add the vinegar, salt, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
5. Turn the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare the pizza with pizza sauce first, then the onions and lastly the tofu.
6. Bake for 25 minutes, until the crust is risen and golden and the tofu has begun to brown.
Image is taken from original recipe: http://aviedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/02/tofu-pizza-with-caramelized-onions.html
For more detailed instructions check out original recipe here: Tofu pizza recipe
What do you think about pizza with tofu? How do you prepare your version?